Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #2616


    Hi – I am travelling abroad very soon – what do I need to bring my pet?.



    EU travel
    In order for your dog , cat or ferret to travel to a country outside of Ireland and within the E.U. ( including the UK), the animal requires from your Vet a
    1. pet passport
    2. microchip
    3. rabies vaccine, administered at least 21 days before entry.
    4. may require a health cert before travel (check with foreign embassy or airline/ferry company)

    Return Trip                                                                                                                                    Tapeworm treatment(dogs only); a visit to a vet is required between 1 and 5 days before re-entry into Ireland.  This treatment is not required for entry into Ireland from Britain, Finland, Norway or Malta.                                                                    Note; treatment against ticks is no longer compulsory, but is advised on animal and human health grounds, to be applied when getting the tapeworm treatment.


    Non-EU Travel

    check the entry requirements of the country you intend to travel to by contacting their embassy.


Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.